Stm-project Accounting (IT)
8 - 10 yrs
Assist with estimating project costs, timescales and resource requirements in relation to agreed project charter/Investment proposal. Subsequently monitoring costs and providing Latest Estimates, timescales and resources used and taking action where these deviate from plan.
Work with CIOs, FMs, Project Managers, Team Leads and FI analysts as required on Financials review, Deep Dive analysis on high priority Projects, planning and budgeting.
Administer all billing related matters, including master data, Engagements, sales orders.
Consulting with projects team in setup stage to educate them on good financial practices and to ensure these are approached in a structured fashion according to the Shell methodology in place.
Producing project financial reports according to reporting schedule
Provide reports on time data including validating time writing and where necessary workings with Project Managers to ensure errors are corrected.
Analysis of data using Excel or other appropriate tools and producing executive level reports and presentations on time allocation and expenditure
Support the PMO and Assurance TL by providing financial data for content-based assessments/reviews focused on plan stage gates, milestones and deliverables
Support of Tools and Processes for Projects as necessary.
Participate in governance for the project and provide reporting and status updates for the programme management and governance team as required.
Provide month end support to the project team in terms of accruals and actual spend reports
Provide cost and recovery analysis
Track recoveries as well cost and provide early warning in case of deviations from plan or agreed norms.
Support CHT wide Touch less MI initiative, and implement Risk Based approach in Projects across all the business.
ACCOUNTABILITIES Team Lead: As a Team Manager the accountabilities will also include the following:
1. Ensure all processes being executed are supported by approved process descriptions and work instructions
2. Provide timely and accurate reporting of operational performance related input and support the review process.
3. Support process improvement to ensure delivery of targeted CI benefits for area of operation, including management of small CI projects
4. Engage with stakeholders to ensure that their business requirements for data are being satisfied, including timeliness and accuracy of the data.
5. Manages workloads, multiple demands and request, and competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining a high quality and integrity of deliverables.
6. Coach staff in the team on business knowledge/skills required for their jobs, including timely completion of GPA and IDP.
7. Responsible for ensuring compliance with controls and audit requirements
Required Candidate profileRequirements
University degree with accounting/finance or a professional accounting qualification with 8-10 years of experience
Working knowledge and experience of SAP system, database tools (e.g. MS Access or MS Excel) is an added advantage
High competency in Excel
Financial analysis experience essential
Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodology desirable
Exposure to Downstream Business and related processes is desirable
Additional comments Behavioural Competences:
Strong communication skills and ability to influence and motivate others.
Hands on Finance in Project Management.
Self-starter and ability to manage diverse cultural/ethnic sensitivities.
Ability to deal effectively with complexity and details.
Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery.
Eye for detail and strong team player.
Willing to travel if required.
Knowledge and hands on exposure to multiple ERP systems will be a definite advantage
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time