Program Manager, Senior
Program Manager, Senior
Exprience: 5 - 8 years
- Manages the development and implementation of a companys products and services to success
- Acts as project manager - monitoring the program from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and overseeing budget/spending.
- Gathers input from the project team and acts independently to develop a Project Plan for projects of moderate to significant scope which may include novel products or services.
- Uses established tools, approaches/methodologies and templates to guide and document the plan and communicate it to the team.
- Gathers feedback from the team to revise and complete the Project Plan as needed
- May lead multiple limited to moderate scope projects simultaneously, or manage part of a larger program directly or through oversight of less senior program managers
- Nominates and solicits participation of team members from key stakeholder teams including Offer /Product Management, Engineering, Service/support and other functional groups, set timelines and budgets independently.
- Oversees the work of the project team (indirectly supervises) involving members from a wide range of disciplines including engineering, marketing, and operations
- Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the program i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints. Owns regular meeting coordination, facilitation and documentation of progress
- Gathers status updates from the project team and interprets inputs from the team to assemble a consolidated view of status.
- Provides regular status updates to senior management as directed. Status reports are expected to be concise summaries, tailored to the audience.
- Owns ensuring alignment from key leaders of milestone achievement before moving the program forward
- Demonstrates the ability to see cross-functional impacts of decisions and project plans and execution.
- Balances scope, schedule and budget considerations to adjust the project with minimal impact to the business.
- Understands the business objectives of the program and assumes personal accountability for success of the program against those objectives
- Provides assistance with coordination of deliverables and project assets to assist the project team.
- Personally anticipates and addresses obstacles or issues that are moderate to significant in severity and escalates complex issues to management for assistance. Independently engages additional resources as needed to address obstacles or delays.
- Adjusts the plan per management guidelines as delays or obstacles are experienced
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge/application of basic Program Management techniques and approaches including familiarity with vocabulary.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of PMI PMBOK lanugage and concepts. Effectively uses project management tools in scheduling and staffing plans, with an understanding of task durations and dependencies.
- Develops exhaustive risk management plans
- Demonstrates intermediate understanding of development processes and product launch scope and activities
- Very limited supervision by management is expected in this position for complex or novel problems
- May coach or act as escalation point for level 1 or level 2 Program Managers
- Supports early stage go to market activities and transition to marketing
- Bachelors degree
- Intermediate to advanced communication and facilitation skills. Formal training preferred
- Intermediate to advanced presentation skills. Demonstrated comfort in presenting to mid to senior level cross functional audiences
- Demonstrated working knowledge of advanced concepts with program management approaches, tools and methodologies. PMP certification preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills in PC based documentation tools including MS Office and MS Project
- Intermediate to advanced skills in delegation and follow up
- Demonstrated working knowledge/experience of technical business unit assigned to (Hardware, Software, Services, etc.)
Industry Type: IT Services & Consulting
Department: Project & Program Management
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Technology / IT
UG: Any Graduate
PG: Any Postgraduate
(ii) Six sigma