Url to apply- https://www.naukri.com/job-listings-counselor-deepalaya-haryana-1-to-3-years-090121500155?src=jobsearchDesk&sid=16110401088222329_4&xp=19&px=8
1 - 3 years
Responsible for evaluating children s abilities, interests, skills and health issues. Provide individual and group counseling to the children. In case of need, develop a treatment plan in consultation with the other professionals, Deepalaya management, doctors, therapists, etc. Help children to develop their strengths and overcome their limitations. Ensure a positive and healthy atmosphere in the home.
It is residential position and the counselor will be staying at the children home.
- Provide educational and career counseling to the children of the home. Mentally and socially equip the children to join the mainstream once they leave home
- Plan therapeutic activities/lessons like self-esteem building, problem solving, self-expressions, self-acceptance, adoptability, cognitive stimulation etc.
- Clarify problems of the children and dealing with their difficulties in institutional life
- Developing a care plan for every child in consultation with the child and following up its implementation
- Plan strategies to develop children s strengths and help them overcome their limitations Daily insistence on cleanliness, work culture/dignity of work and household work.
- Inculcate the sense of responsibility, value of things, value of time, and value of learning and sense of gratitude in the children
- Promoting brother- sister- parent concept among the children Providing parental guidance and understanding the children without any discrimination on sex, religion, caste or creed. Teaching them love for one another and respect for elders and friends with proper social etiquettes
- Virtue of listening, how to communicate politely, mingling with different cultures and people, respect of other s religion and God.
- Teach the children how to go through problems and struggles in life with prudence and fortitude and overcome with positive outlook towards life.
- Prepare a behavioral progress checking chart and suggest rehabilitation or treatment plan as necessary Have effective participation of children decision and administration of the home Creating platform for children to express themselves through leadership and good initiatives of the Home To have a parents meeting once in 6 months at the Home
- Assisting the juvenile or the child to develop contacts with family and also providing assistance to family members.
- As part of repatriation process, career counseling for job placement and training for job will be done so that children especially the orphan children are placed in a job to build their life and study hand in hand.
- Participating in the pre-release program and helping the child to establish contact which can provide emotional and social support to the child after their release
- Establishing linkages with other organizations to facilitate rehabilitation and social reintegration of children and to ensure the necessary follow-p
- Follow-up of children after their release and extending help and guidance to them
- Children s personal files, counseling files, individual care planes and case files will be maintained strictly and properly
Medical and educational tracking files will be maintained and updated every month or as required. Behavior tracking with counselling report will be documented and file All files, proposals and details sent to CWC will be kept properly in CWO s custody. Participating in orientation, monitoring, education, vocational and rehabilitation programs Establishing cooperation and understanding between the child and the officer-in-charge.
Employment TypeFull Time, Permanent
UG :Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG :Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization