url to apply- https://in.indeed.com/jobs?q=iso%209001&l&sort=date&vjk=4790dab46268ed36
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Associate Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Automotive Powertrain i.e. Preferably transmission, hydraulic systems and experience in clutch, differential & engine will be added advantage
- Complete test requests according to specified test requests with minimal down time
- Implementation of corrective action to test setups as required by established lab procedures or test requests, or when performance falls below acceptable limits
- Communicate test programs with engineering appropriately to clarify purpose of testing and the results of ongoing tests
- Take ownership of small projects, develop custom fixtures & continuously improve their skill set
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within product group and with other groups to complete test projects with a high degree of quality and efficiency
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
- Strive to meet test lab performance targets established in Balanced Score Card and ensure ISO/ IATF compliance
- Analyzing mechanical assembly issues related to automotive transmission and differential components is most preferred. Additional experience in Transmissions / clutch / engine will be an advantage
- Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
- Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
- Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
- Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer/ CREO
- Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
- Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
- Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
- BE- Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with 2-3 Years of experience in relevant hands on experience in Automotive R&D Testing
- Past experience in Automotive Powertrain R&D testing is most desirable. Preferably Engine, Transmission , Clutch and differential testing.
- Awareness of testing i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc.
- Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practices
- Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
- Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
- Past experience in problem solving & continuous improvement through LEAN tool deployment for test equipment utilization and cost savings
- Proven experience in deploying TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, IATF standards, deployment to meet quality objectives
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No