Design and Development
- Leads the analysis, design, and build of process solution outcomes
- Provides a superior level of experience and knowledge of IA tools anddesign standards to support the team to design, develop and test deliveredsolutions
- Acts as a Scrum Master, leading scrum events and overseeing assigned delivery teams as they perform day-to-day tasks, ensuring they live the agile values and principles, and shielding them from outside distractions.
- Conducts ‘to be’ process design
- Performs development activity in accordance with the methodologies and standards set by the Centre of Excellence
- Seeks guidance from the Technical Specialist’s when facing complex tasks
- Provides status reports to Delivery Manager / Delivery Lead on the progress of development, per project
- Carries out change impact assessments for both process change and system driven change, and performs associated change control practices
- Prepares necessary documentation, supporting in process design, release notes, deployment guides, and operational guide materials required for production deployment
- Provides defect fix support in identification of the issue, development and testing of the solution and works with the Governance and Technical Learning Manager to understand lessons learned to inform best practice and training opportunities
- Prepares test cases and test plans, liaising with Technical Specialists to gather business input as required
- Performs testing of delivered processes ahead of their release into production
- Applies the testing principles and processes as defined by the IA Centre of Excellence
- Plans and facilitates user acceptance testing
- Records and communicates defects to be resolved, identifying any lessons learned and liasing with the Technical Learning Manager
- Supports remediation of defects as required
- Documents test results
- Mentors and coaches the delivery teams to build their design, development and testing skills
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A strong understanding of Agile with a minimum 6 months performing scrum master role.
- Understanding of workflow based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualise it as a process solution
- A track record in training and mentoring individuals on development and delivery disciplines
- Experience and knowledge of Process Analysis in a structured environment
- Knowledge of business process modelling and reengineering (desirable)
- Excellent PC and MS Office skills, especially MS Excel, V-Lookups and macros
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload with a keen attention to detail
- Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity
- Resilient, energetic and enthusiastic; able to work under pressure
- Able to build strong relationships with peers, business counterparts and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with communicating to people of all levels and able to gain the confidence of key stakeholders. Able to to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- First degree level (Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent
- Knowledge of the financial service industry
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.