Process Excellence Master Black Belt (PEX MBB)
Process Excellence Master Black Belt (PEX MBB)
Exprience: 2 - 5 years
About the opportunity
About Process Simplification and Optimisation (PSO)
Process Simplification and Optimisation provides groundbreaking solutions to deliver sustainable business value. By powerfully combining both the human and digital workforce, PSO places itself in a leading position to respond and adapt in a continuously evolving ecosystem to achieve Fidelity’s strategic goals, deliver best in class service to our clients, and provide exciting growth opportunities for our employees.
Process Excellence Team (PEX) within the PSO focuses strongly on process improvement opportunity identification & prioritization, process as-is state analysis, identifying areas of improvement, building business cases, developing a cohesive process future state (covering areas like re-imagined steps, people skills and tech/automation) and threading its delivery to realise the intended ROI benefits.
• Deliver sustainable change by focusing on top down, strategic business priorities to maximise business and commercial value
• Empower and upskill internal teams to create sustainable capability, and promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement as part of new and improved ways or working
• Leverage an integrated operating model to work with IT, Risk, Compliance, and Shared Services with an objective to deliver better outcomes for the business and our customers
Purpose of the Role
As a senior PEX member of Process Simplification and Optimisation, this role will work to progress Fidelity’s process simplification and optimisation agenda and embed innovation across the business, working with the business to deliver PSO services to maximise business benefits and value generation.
• Closely partner with business and PSO senior leadership to continuously identify, prioritise and drive value generation opportunities that are aligned to key business priorities.
• Mentor, manage and conduct comprehensive end-to-end strategic process improvements in a structured manner across the benefit levers of Process Simplification/Re-engineering, Digitisation, Automation and Orchestration using methods like Lean Six Sigma, Systems Thinking, Value Stream Analysis etc. that drive customer experience, innovation, growth, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Own continuous improvement culture build across business and PSO (via focused programs towards roles akin to Champions, Lean Six Sigma Master Black belts, Black belts, Green belts, Yellow belts etc.). Train, coach and embed an Innovation, Lean, data driven and continuous improvement culture.
• Mentor, manage and strengthen the PSO process excellence capability and outcomes.
• Act as an advanced SME and leader on all PEX projects and outcomes for assigned business area(s). Address escalations/issues proactively.
Process Transformation, Re-Engineering & Simplification
• Continuously identify, co-prioritize, mentor and execute high value generation opportunities that are aligned to strategic business priorities.
• Manage, categorize and timely address opportunities basis input parameters like complexity and clearly defined output parameters like measurable business benefits.
• Lead, mentor, and conduct end-to-end strategic process improvements in a structured manner across the benefit levers of Process Simplification, Re-engineering, Digitisation and Automation. Ensure clear drive on measurable value from each project. Lead, mentor, and perform current state analysis, identify key areas of improvements, build a future state (via automation, re-imagined steps etc.) and facilitate its delivery execution to realise the intended benefits.
• Ensure deployment of data analysis for all key insights and decision making across business units
• Collaborate with data, risk and other FIL subject area teams to drive future state process solutions that are measurable, robust, secure and scalable.
• Conduct senior leadership connects on key business impact/benefits generated from process improvement initiatives. Drive engagement.
Process Improvement Culture
• Create, maintain and deliver on an approved FIL business unit wide process improvement roadmap for value generation that is aligned to top business priorities. Provide regular updates to management and ensure successful project executions.
• Conceptualize, plan, mentor and lead process improvement drives like Ideathons etc. that propel opportunity idea generation and value creation.
• Co-partner closely with business leadership, business change management teams and PSO members to embed process excellence culture across Fidelity.
• Own, develop, drive and lead customized process excellence capability build initiatives covering areas like training, coaching and mentoring on PEX areas including Lean Six Sigma (Sponsors/Champions/Master Black Belt/Black Belt/Green Belt/Yellow Belt/Kaizens), Innovation, Systems Thinking etc. Ensure successful build and continuous utilization of process excellence capability for prioritized business goals achievement.
• Introduce, mentor and lead the culture of using data for decision making and problem solving across business units
• Build, lead, manage and grow a team of process excellence experts including allocation, utilization, performance and growth.
• Act as an advanced expert and senior business mentor on Process Excellence areas like Lean Six Sigma and Process Re-engineering.
• Work closely with PSO leadership to foster strong business relationships and generate positive business feedback
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Demonstratable experience in leading end-to-end, significant, complex and cross functional process improvement initiatives that have (a) led to measurable business growth, profitability, customer experience enhancement, competitive edge, and/or substantial improvement in process efficiency/effectiveness and (b) used a mix of benefit levers like process re-engineering and automation.
• Experience in deploying and leading a global/cross functional unit wide process improvement culture based on industry best practices like Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Systems Thinking, Design Thinking etc. Mentoring black belt projects.
• Stout experience in building, leading, and managing high performing cross functional team with an ecosystem (methodologies, tools, skills).
• Wide senior stakeholder engagement (e.g. CXO/CXO-1/2), influencing and change management experience in leading complex process improvement projects. Excellent communication skills with strong executive presence.
• Analytical and creative bent of mind with strong consultative approach. Hands-on exposure to process excellence methods and tools like Minitab, Value Stream Analysis, Control Charts, Performance Modelling, Process Mining etc.
• Experience of working in agile teams - scrum. Preferable to have experience (or exposure) of Intelligent Automation (e.g. RPA, BPM, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence).
• Proven project, change and programme management experience. Ability to communicate complex and emotive topics to different audiences through a range of data, written and verbal methods.
• Knowledge of advanced process analytics including process mining, simulation and statistical prediction modelling.
• Exposure to robotics and intelligent automations.
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black (Preferred) or Black Belt/Others with strong equivalent experience.
• Desirable: Consultancy Experience, Scrum Master, PMP or PRINCE 2 certification.
• Knowledge of the financial service industry.
• First degree level (Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent
• Desirable: MBA and/or consultancy experience
• This role is categorised as Hybrid (Office/Remote).
Industry Type: Banking
Department: Quality Assurance
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Business Process Quality
UG: Any Graduate
PG: MBA/PGDM in Any Specialization
(i) Black Belt
(iii) Lean Six Sigma
(iv) programme management
(v) Scrum Master
FIL India Business and Research Services Private Limited
Address:Building No.9,Ground to 10th Floor,IT/ITES SEZ of, GURGAON, Haryana, India