Sun Life Financial Scrum master
Sun Life Financial
Position: Project Manager (Scrum Master)
- Team-based management proxy leader
- Drives the Scrum Processes including:
- Help team focus on daily Sprint goals
- Facilitator to challenge old norms for constant improvement
- Facilitates all team meetings including: Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, Sprint Retrospective
- Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the teams ability to deliver against their commitments.
- Coach team members on the agile scum values/principles, how work gets done (XP practices), estimation & grooming techniques, JIT model storming, etc.
- Help team achieve goals of self-organizing, self-managing
- Coach product owners on agile scrum release management, grooming practices, business epic backlog structure, stakeholder engagement, etc.
- Foster a collaborative dynamic between Product Management, development and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Establish high levels project progress visibility and transparency throughout the organization via breaking silos, agile metrics, collaborative tools, culture change and establishing best practices.
- Ensure project delivery expectations are specified and met through stakeholder management
- Engage project stakeholders and communicate project updates to ensure buy-in and project success
- Provide clear direction and motivation to project staff
- Successfully manage project changes, risks, issues and actions
- Work with multi-site project teams across time zones
- Supports the Product Owner with regards to priorities and scope
- Promotes DevOps technical practices
- Builds a high performing team managing intrapersonal conflicts
- Responsibility on the Agile Release Train to coordination with other teams, facilitate preparation for PI Planning, and supports the ART estimates for larger features and capabilities
Your background and skills
- +5 years of IT Project Management experience, preferably in eBusiness, web, mobile or contact centre applications
- +3 years serving as an active Scrum Master in a software development environment preferably experience for Web / Mobile products
- Has a development background preferably java/ J2EE technologies
- Has an experience of establishing teams within transformation journey of Waterfall to Agile
- Proven knowledge and practical experience of agile software development methodologies, values, principles, and practices.
- BSc / MSc in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- CSM, PMI-ACP or SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master certification are good to have
- Fluent English required
- Good analytical skills; able to assess alternatives, risks and benefits; attention to detail
- Multi-tasker, has positive energy and attitude to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Customer and results focused
- Teamwork - ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with customers to understand and act based on their needs
- Self-motivated and service-oriented, a self-starter
- Good organizational and time management skills
Project Management - Process
Sun Life Financial is a leading financial services company that helps our Clients achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives. We’ve been honouring our commitments since 1865, and our future looks brighter all the time.