Senior Scrum Master
Senior Scrum Master
The Senior Scrum Master/Scrum Master at Cvent (SM) facilitates processes, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps to drive continuous improvement at the team level. The scrum master acts as a servant leader to the team and promotes scrum best practices and coaches the team to track, and constantly improve its, velocity.
- Helps to establish sprint cadence
- Coordinates with product owners to keep the individual team sprint backlogs groomed
- Facilitates sprint planning, review and retrospective events at the team level
- Publishes committed sprint objectives
- Identifies and escalates impediments
- Maintains relevant metrics to help the team monitor their performance
- Coordinates elements of the sprint plan with other technology staff outside of the project
- Takes responsibility for managing dependencies within the sprint team as well as those dependencies from other development or operations teams.
- Participates in Scrum of Scrums
- Encourages Architect and team collaboration
- Coordinates timely response and support to production line customer issues and helps to ensure that team maintains adherence to Service Level Agreements
- Participates in sprint estimation process
- Communicates sprint status to stakeholders
- Promotes adherence to Agile software development best practices
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives at the team level
- Acts as an Agile coach to the development team
- 7+ years of technical experience including 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, task definition, and other Agile terminology
- Large/enterprise application development experience using Agile methodologies preferred but not required
- Strong leadership, time management, conflict resolution, and analytical skills
- Able to act as servant leader at the team level
- Situational Awareness - Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Quick learner - Must be able to quickly gain high level understanding of the technical and business domains of the development team
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision are a must
- Outstanding written and oral communication.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools such as Jira and Confluence preferred, but not required.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software and services enterprise provider in financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, UA, with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
At NCR we are helping transform retailers to next generation of consumer experience and operational efficiencies driven by digital and evolving into AI led technologies.