Scrum Master Certified (SMC™)
Duration: 2 Days
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals have a practical, working knowledge of Scrum that equips them to implement and work in a Scrum environment. The purpose of the exam is to confirm the applicants have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply Scrum in the projects and to tailor Scrum in a particular scenario. SMC™ professionals are facilitators who ensure that the SMC Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The SMC guides, facilitates, and teaches its practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that Scrum processes are being followed. Successful candidates will be awarded the (SMC™) certification by SCRUMstudy after passing the exam.
This certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in working as a S-Master or for someone who is already a Scrum master in his organization. S-Master is an important role in any Scrum team and need not be a technology expert to be effective. Moreover, although Scrum is popular in the IT industry, it can be used effectively across different industries. The SBOK Guide, on which the SMC course is based on, can be used as an effective guide for implementation. Prerequisites: There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is preferable to complete the Scrum Developer Certified (SDC™) before applying for the Scrum Master certification. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SMC™ classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy approved Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
- Multiple Choice
- 100 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam.
- Current Pass Rate: 95%
A Guide to Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™ Guide) by SCRUMstudy.
Expected Outcome :
The participants will be prepared to take SMC™ exam and pass. Also they will be able to apply the concepts in their day to day job.
Maintaining Certification :
To maintain the certification status, (SMC™) professionals will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 2 years.
How to Apply
1. Register on SCRUMstudy.com and apply for the SMC™ exam (OR) Attend a classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy R.E.P. and then register on SCRUMstudy.com
2. Apply for the exam by paying the fee or by using the exam voucher provided by a SCRUMstudy R.E.P. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
3. Access the online course and take the exam
- Get access to online course on ‘Introduction to Scrum’.
- Copy of SBOK™ Guide online version.
- Schedule the two hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy verifies the application; confirms the exam date & time.
- Take the two hour proctored exam online.
Learn and take the exam.
4. Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate.
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy Certification Registry.
- The physical certificate and a lapel pin will be shipped to you.
- If unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two free exam retakes.