Technical Manager ( Microsoft Solutions)
9 - 13 yrs
We are seeking Technical Project Managers to join our Delivery team at India (Pune) Development Center. In this role, you lead, coordinate and own cross-functional distributed teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure. Your job is to effectively deliver medium to complex projects by assuming accountability for project completion on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Primary function includes Project Management, Client Management and Team Leadership.
- Work in tandem with pre-sales and account management team to understand the high-level requirements of a prospect create, validate and question the proposed estimates and timelines.
- Lead complex projects/programs from conceptual design to implementation and manage delivery of Microsoft based solutions.
- Own the application development lifecycle and leverage Agile/Iterative methodology to deliver software systems in short but progressive and impactful cycles. Manage project priorities and resource assignments to ensure adequate resources are available for successful projects
- Scope project work through discovery of business requirements, non-functional requirements and translation to technical work effort, SDLC project plans and work breakdown scheduling.
- Manage project work in alignment with the Statement of Work (SOW) obligations and ensure accurate team reporting of billable hours for efficient client invoicing against the project budget on a periodical basis.
- Manage projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality, while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high performance standards.
- Oversee the development and tracking of integrated project plans. Adapt and apply the Silicus delivery approach to meet project objectives and client business drivers. Establish and maintain project communication.
- Oversee project estimations, and development of project deliverables. Establish and maintain processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle. Identify and manage project issues.
- Set project quality and performance standards. Assess and manage risk over the project lifecycle. Maintain project tracking and information systems.
- Ensure key project-wide roles and responsibilities are defined. Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects. Ensure a positive, collaborative work environment for the team.
- Partner with others to lead teams of 10-25 individuals. Build and structure project teams to ensure maximum performance. Provide purpose, direction and motivation to team. Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria.
- Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction. Manage peer-level client relationships (expectation, communication, negotiation, escalation, feedback, etc.). Develop relationship with key client stakeholders and client executives.
- Mentor development teams, encourage adoptions of latest technologies, promote use of best practices and design patterns. Participate in recruitment and hiring activities. Participate in, and assist with, company events such as training and internal initiatives. Contribute to the ongoing development of the Program Management Domain and Quality Improvement initiatives at Silicus.
- Drive various organization-level operating procedures, such as those for change-management, quality management.
- Contribute to a practice, domain or account by way of knowledge management, new business development, writing proposals / estimations / RFPs, etc.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:IT Software - Client/Server Programming
Role Category:Project Management
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time