Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
8 - 13 years
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate, as a APL of one or more multiple multi-disciplinary teams, having the knowledge and experience to provide support and guidance.
- Work with key stakeholders and the development team to establish a delivery rhythm, ensure common priorities, manage dependencies and remove blockers and impediments.
- Provide leadership cross programme on a wide range methodologies.
- Manage stakeholders to ensure good relations and effective communication.
- Assist with internal and external communication with transparency.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of the project portfolio on an account in order to optimize revenue growth, cash flow and operating profit.
- An integral part of the Sales Team on the account (or sector), driving new project revenue opportunities
- Acts as the single project delivery interface to account leadership and the client.
- Responsible for day to day delivery of the project portfolio on the account (scope, time, cost, quality, risk).
- Governs the portfolio and operates the defined escalation process
- Drives the achievement of the account project revenue sell and bill target
- Performs stakeholder management
- Acts as the point of contact to the extended team (e.g. Solutioning, Delivery Centres, etc.).
- Experience of at least one agile methodologies, Scrum, XP, Kanban
- A great facilitator, working with the team to enable results
- Able to apply a good level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues and to work on projects of a moderately complex scope.
- Experience of managing a project portfolio of $15m+ pa
- Experience of working closing with clients to build strong relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills for interacting with team members, clients and other stakeholders
- Experience working as part of an account leadership team
- Experience working in a sales-driven environment
- Broad understanding and knowledge of the range of IT services and offerings required by clients
- Good knowledge of the latest client offerings in the IT industry
- Demonstrable experience in driving performance and productivity improvements in project delivery
- Ability to build and operate teams across multiple geographies, comprising DXC, BP, contractor and third parties
- Experience of successful PL leadership and results attainment
- Experience of leading new business sales, from initial idea/client discussion through to closure, as well as regular delivery led churn business
- Scum Master certification e.g. Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM)
- Experience in delivery management of mobile or web projects
- Practical experience in leading the transformation of a team / organization / client from traditional to agile delivery
- Experience in leadership of a range of agile teams, addressing a range of business problems / opportunities through the provision of IT services (Mobile and Web Apps, Cloud, Dev Ops, IoT etc.) , within a range of sectors.
- Bachelor's degree (business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred)
- Certification in project, programme or portfolio management, minimum of Practitioner level, ideally PMP Project Management Professional Certification
- Substantial and proven years experience in project delivery
- Trained in sales techniques
Employment TypeFull Time, Permanent
Role CategoryCorporate Sales
DXC is the worlds leading independent, end- to- end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology is a $25 billion company with a 60- year legacy of delivering results for thousands of clients in more than 70 countries. Our technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next- generation IT services and solutions.