Deputy General Manager - Quality Black belt Lead
Deputy General Manager - Quality Black belt Lead
Exprience: 10 - 20 years
Quality & Continuous Improvement
Purpose of the role
This Black Belt role will be responsible to lead continuous improvement function across multiple client relationship in India. The role would require understanding and analysing customer journeys to identify improvement opportunities following Lean Six sigma & other innovation methods and also provide mentorship to Ops resources who take up these opportunities to run and complete Yellow / Green Belt projects.
This would also involve building and driving CI culture within Operation delivery teams by leading and management of the Continuous Improvement Team of Lean Practitioners who are tasked with delivering ideation and other improvement initiatives.
Working with colleagues across, Global Delivery Centers, this role will be key to embedding the Lean Six Sigma processes that have already been developed and creating a Lean culture in all colleagues
Minimum Qualifications (Schooling or Degrees)
- Graduate and Black Belt Certified
- Must have 15+ years of overall experience in BPO or Shared Services industry (not negotiable) with 10+ years in Lean six sigma driven operational excellence functions.
- 3 years of experience in a leadership Black Belt / Master Black belt position
- Experience in driving Lean Six sigma and Business Transformation Programs across verticals / organization.
Knowledge and skills
- Broad financial knowledge for budgeting, profit plan obtainment etc.
- Expert level knowledge and skills on Lean Six sigma tools and technique
- Hands on experience of training and mentoring Yellow /Green / Black belts.
- Experience of leading Account level process improvement initiatives in a client facing role.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to influence
- Ability to think and drive strategic initiatives across a large span of operations
- Responsible for creating & driving a culture of Quality & Continuous Improvement and successful delivery of all Lean Six Sigma projects across vertical/s within the allocated budget, resource, and time constraints.
- Identify improvement opportunities in client facing business / support processes through various methods eg. customer demand, gathering Voice of the Customer, developing CTQs, journey mapping and benchmarking.
- Plan to utilize all levers of CI / Transformation eg. Lean , Six sigma, Analytics, Technology , Automations etc.
- Plan and deliver CI / Transformation Projects to meet the objectives and efficiency targets as per business / client needs
- Program management of LSS projects utilising the DMAIC / Lean system to ensure effective outcomes and appropriate governance.
- Guide, direct, maintain and monitor all activities associated with the successful application Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Engaging with Operational teams by means of mentorship that improves client processes and drives client value
- Drive rigorous metrics related to the Balance Score Card to evaluate performance and drive efficiency in critical business processes.
- Build relationships to support identification, review, prioritization, and execution of key improvements opportunities/projects to drive results
- Provide a leadership role, must be capable of leading the Team on a continuous journey of sustained improvement.
- Support continuous improvement efforts to meet and exceed customer requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and constructively deal with employees and clients at all levels
Reports to Master Black Belt / HoD CI (Global Delivery)
Manages the CI Team of BB/GBs
Business Process Management Multiple Verticals
Position type and shift
May be required between sites and International travel.
Industry Type: BPO / Call Centre
Department: Quality Assurance
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Business Process Quality
UG: Any Graduate
PG: Any Postgraduate
(i) Quality management
(ii) Lean six sigma
Capita is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. With 70,000 dedicated staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India, we help make processes smarter, organisations more efficient and customer experiences better. Our Indian operations were set up in 2004 and our clientele consists of leading UK brands in the Telecoms, Utilities, Retail, Financial Services and Logistics space. Our services include a wide spectrum of capabilities such as multichannel customer management, digital back office, finance & accounting, insights & analytics and technology services. With c8000 staff across 5 offices (Mumbai, Pune and Bengaluru), we have a vibrant and inclusive culture that pursues excellence, values integrity and works towards delivering outstanding customer service. In 2017, Capita India was ranked among the Top 100 Companies for Women in India in an independent survey conducted by Working Mother & Avtar.